Thursday, October 24, 2013

Our Trip to Stardome Observatory



On Wednesday 23rd October Room 23 & 22 went to stardome observatory. There was so much to see and learn. Here are some of the interesting things we learnt yesterday:
M.I - A rocket could go around the Earth 7 times in one second
C.A - My favourite bit was when we watched the story of the cardboard rocket ship
C.F - I learnt the length of the planets in miniature
W.H - I learnt the outer solar system is the gas giants and the inner solar system is the rocky midgets
A.S - I learnt that the red spot on jupiter lasts longer than any storm in the universe
M.A - I learnt that mercury is the closest planet to the sun
K.F - My favourite bit was when the cardboard rocket visited Jupiter
S.D - I learnt that Uranus is tipped on its side
S.P - I learnt that saturns rings are made out of rock and ice
J.W - When we saw the samples of rocks that they found on the moon
M.M - I learnt that jupiter had a red hole
R.P - I learnt that saturn can float on a big cup of hot chocolate
J.S - I learnt that venus is hotter than mercury because it can melt metal
R.W - I learnt that Jupiter was the biggest planet
K.R - My favourite bit was watching the galaxies when we were in the planeterium
R.N - I learnt that Neptune has rings and that Uranus has been tipped on its side
N.L - I learnt that pluto is the furtherest planet from the sun
S.V - My favourite part was learning that earth goes round the sun 365 times and 1 quarter then every 4 years it is 366 days
S.Y - I learnt that Jupiter the weather is so cool and dusty
J.D - I learnt that some of the planets are made out of gas
R.O - My favourite bit was when we got to look at the cool gadgets
Z.A - I learnt that Uranus has rings
W.C - My favourite bit was when I got to be Mercury in the solar system when we were in the space room

No comments:

Post a Comment